2016 Chicago Auto Show Video Challenge Hosted by Digital Megaphone Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited.
- Sponsor: Digital Megaphone (the “Sponsor”) located at 222 W. Merchandise Mart Place, Chicago, IL 60654
- Method of Entry:
Tweet the following information to @DigiMegaphone by 11:59 PM CST , Friday, February 12th, 2016
- Team #
- Link to video entry
- The following hashtags: #casvideo #cas16
- Contest Timing
Contest begins at 8:30 a.m. CT on February 12, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on February 12, 2016
On or about 2:00 pm on Saturday, February 13th, 2016, Winners will be announced via @Digimegaphone’s and @ChiAutoShow’s Twitter accounts and on digitalmegaphone.com.
- Judging Criteria
Videos will be judged on the following criteria
- Creativity (33%)
- Overall quality (33%)
- How well the video captures the spirit of the 2016 Chicago Auto Show (34%)
- Hope Bertram, Founder, Digital Megaphone, Emmy Nominated Social Media Strategist
- Tim Bay, VP Digital, Wilton
- Jennifer Morand, Director of Social Media and PR, Chicago Auto Show
- Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Incomplete entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, undeliverable or delayed.
- Only one entry allowed per team. Multiple entries will be ineligible for entry.
- Contest is open to anyone who is at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and who does not reside in an area where such contests are void by law.
- Employees (or their immediate families) of Digital Megaphone, Chicago Automobile Trade Association, or Hyatt are not eligible to win our contests or giveaways.
- The winning video will be mentioned during the ABC Auto Show Special on Saturday, February 13th
- The winner will be invited to a special viewing/live tweeting party in the Social Media Lounge during the taping of the show
- A prize from the Hyatt Regency
- Winners’ list will be available on or after February 13, 2016 at digitalmegaphone.com.
- Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate, due to any other reason beyond the control of Sponsor.
- You have permission to shoot footage at The Chicago Auto Show and make use of the Chicago Auto Show logo, the Digital Megaphone logo and any other marketing assets.
- Content Restrictions: You may not submit or post anything that is offensive or violates any third party’s rights. For example, your Contest Entry must not contain or reference any of the following:
Nudity or lewd, vulgar, indecent or obscene images (as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion); Material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights; material that is copyrighted, trademarked, protected by trade secrets or otherwise subject to a third party’s proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material; Depiction of defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group); Material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any country, state or province where the Contest Entry is created.
- Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any Contest Entry that does not comply with these Content Restrictions or that Sponsor otherwise deems to be inappropriate in its sole discretion. In the event of disqualification, the Contest Entry will not be judged or considered for a prize.
- The winner does not have to be present at the time of announcement unless otherwise noted.
- By entering, Winners automatically grant the use of their name and likeness in the promotion of this and other Sponsor contests and acknowledges that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Vine.
- Sponsor is not responsible for issues regarding Internet access, Instagram or Vine downtime, bounced email or any other technical malfunction beyond its immediate control.
- Contest is subject to all federal, state, provincial, and local laws and void where prohibited. It is your responsibility to refrain from entry if our contests or giveaways are illegal in your jurisdiction. If you are declared a winner but contests and giveaways like these are illegal in your jurisdiction, your prize will be forfeited and given to a runner-up.
- The video must be original material captured by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted video is an original work by contestant and does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
- Copyright: By entering the Contest, entrant will retain all rights to video he/she submits. By entering this contest, contestant hereby grants Sponsor (sponsor) (1) a nonexclusive, unconditional, unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce the video contestant submits to Sponsor (sponsor) in and/or through any and all medium or media, now known or hereinafter developed or discovered, and (2) the right to use your name, city and state in promotions and other publications. Sponsors’ use of the submissions may include without limitation, advertising, promotion and marketing for this year and subsequent years. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Sponsor the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
- By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and will abide by these official rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of you or Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to the conflict of laws principles. All dollar amounts referred to in these official rules are in U.S. dollars. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of any prize/offer.
By entering, entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify each of Digital Megaphone, Chicago Automobile Trade Association, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees, and agents against any and all liability, damages, or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of (i) entrant’s participation in the Contest, (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes/offers awarded herein.
* Due to the nature of live TV, we can not guarantee the live mention during the ABC’s Auto Show Special.