Digital Megaphone’s Chicago Auto Show Vine Instagram Video Challenge is just a few days away and we are beyond excited! This Friday, February 7th, over 100 members of the media and social media influencers will be hitting the 2014 Chicago Auto Show’s showroom floor to soak in all the action and capture the best the manufactures have to offer on a Vine or Instagram video for a chance to win amazing prizes! (If you haven’t registered yet, there’s still time! Just head on over to the registration page and check out all the details.)
So you might be wondering how to create a winning video for our Chicago Auto Show Vine / Instagram video challenge. Here’s the winning video from our fall Video Challenge and a few tips on how to be the best!
Tips on creating a winning Digital Megaphone Chicago Auto Show Video Challenge Video
1. Make sure to keep the judging criteria in mind — this is key because it’s what you’ll be judged on and what we think is important. Here’s a recap of the judging criteria:
- How well the video captures the spirit of the 2014 Chicago Auto Show
Whether it’s one of the very cool interactive displays, taking a spin on one of the test drive courses or an interview featuring breaking news about your favorite vehicle, we are looking for videos that capture the spirit of the show. As you can see in the video above, the challenge was to create a video that captured the spirit of Chicago, they winning team nailed it!! Portillo’s is a Chicago institution and a hot dog without Ketchup is a must!
Have fun and get creative!!! The best videos usually strike a cord – they make us laugh, cry, etc…
- Overall quality
This one should speak for itself. We know you have a limited amount of time, so make sure you allocate some of the time to the look and feel of the video.
2. Speaking of time, make sure to turn your video in on time!!
All videos are due by 11:30 am CST. Winners will be announced at 12:30 am. We’ll start serving lunch at Noon. This will all take place on the media stage between the North and South exhibit halls.
3. Make sure your phones are ready
Best to make sure your phones are fully charged and that you’ve downloaded and tested either Instagram or Vine
4. Make sure to tweet a link to your winning entry using hashtags #DigimegVideo AND #FuelCAS. We’ll only be pulling videos that use both hashtags for judging
5. Make sure to follow @DigmegVideo on Twitter.
We’ve followed everyone who’s registered for the event, please @ message us if you are competing in the contest and we aren’t following you.
Just kidding, that won’t help you win, but it will make us happy!
Best of luck to everyone!!! See you Friday.